Re: ANN: GWorkspace 0.6

From: Larry Cow
Subject: Re: ANN: GWorkspace 0.6
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 22:56:44 +0200

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 22:17:48 +0200
Stefan Kleine Stegemann <stefan@wms-network.de> wrote:

> This way it would also be possible to make it omnipresent which would
> be very usefull when using multiple workspaces, eg. under WindowMaker.
> When the Shelf is a normal window it could also be moved or iconified.

More generally, things would be far easier for interacting with various
WMs if Names, Classes and Icons Names were more explicit on GStep
windows.

For example, if I want to prevent Sawfish from displaying borders on
(some) submenus, I can only prevent him to do this for all windows Named
"Window" with Class "Gnustep/Window", or something like that.

Maybe there is some very neat naming scheme about which I'm not aware,
but if so where can I find informations on it?

Thanks for reading,

--
Larry Cow
larry at doubidou dot net