Re: My obj-c compiler vanished...

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: My obj-c compiler vanished...
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 08:44:00 -0600

On Friday, October 3, 2003, at 04:23 AM, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
later on...
In file included from configure:6884:
config/config.objc.m:5: warning: incomplete implementation of class
`NXConstantS
tring'
config/config.objc.m:5: warning: method definition for `-length' not found config/config.objc.m:5: warning: method definition for `-cString' not found ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol `__objc_class_name_Object' are
not
defined
configure:6866: $? = 0
configure:6868: ./conftest
Shared object "libpthread.so.20" not found

So this seems a bug already discussed... I hope someone fixed it.

Yes I did fix this. Do you have the actual line in config.log that shows how the test is being compiled? It should have

 gcc ...  -Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib -L/usr/pkg/lib ...

If not, maybe you don't really have the latest version. or your target does not correspond to netbsd*