Shared application menu

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: Shared application menu
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 16:18:00 +0200

Hi list,

I would like to ask you, what do you think about shared menu among applications?

Instead of having menu in each application we will have a menu process/app
which will provide menu functionality.

Requirements: follow apple docs by deprecating NSMenuItemCells and using
<NSMenuItem>protocol in NSMenu.

Advantages: less window manager problems, easier for adding system-wide
extensions, reusability of application for providing NSStatusBar.

What do you think?
What should be other pros and cons?
Would it be possible to have such thing in gnustep?

Stefan Urbanek
--
http://urbanek.host.sk

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you
win.
- Mahatma Gandhi