RE: Debian and SimplyGNUstep

From: Jason Clouse
Subject: RE: Debian and SimplyGNUstep
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 19:11:53 -0400

On 2003-10-10 14:46:53 -0700 "Vaisburd, Haim" <HVaisbur@Advent.COM> wrote:
/opt seems to me like a good place for "packages" like GNUstep, kde, qt etc. that have their own directory layout. If there are reasons for not having
or not using /opt, I would like to learn them.

I use '/', so I have /Local, /System, and /Network. I think I used /usr/GNUstep or whatever at first but I got annoyed with all the unnecessary typing, so I started using root. I like it much better and it seems more reasonable.