ANN: Addresses 0.4.0

From: Björn Giesler
Subject: ANN: Addresses 0.4.0
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 16:07:27 +0200

Hi,

I'm proud to present the newest release of Addresses, V0.4.0. Can be downloaded
at

http://giesler.biz/bjoern/English/Software.html#Addresses
(screenies there as well)

What is it?

Addresses is a set of software modules that provide a source-code compatible
replacement for Apple's AddressBook.framework, as well as components to display
and edit addresses, and a full-featured Address Book Manager application.

News in this version:

o Complete editability reached! Everything can be edited; a person can have
multiple email  and postal addresses and phone/fax/pager numbers, notes have
been added...
o Preferences (Autosave, screen name format etc)
o VCF export
o Fixes for pre-C99 compilers such as gcc 2.x; thanks grey_gandalf, Andreas,
Frederic, Peter!
o Lots of cleanups and bugfixes
o many more things

I consider AddressView.framework to be (almost) feature-complete now. Please
mail reports of all bugs, small warts, whatever you can find to me. I'd also
appreciate help with localization; the .gorm files and Localizable.strings
files of course, but also address formats, country names etc. pp. Please look
at AddressViewFramework/README.Localize for details.

Regards,
Björn