Re: RSS/RDF Aggregator

From: ibotty
Subject: Re: RSS/RDF Aggregator
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 12:30:13 +0200

>>  However, as I said, NSWorkspace (in GNUstep) doesn't implement
>> opening of NSURLs. So, don't expect to see anything more besides the
>> headlines - that is, until someone implements this functionality.
> Would anyone be willing to implement this properly under GNUstep?

i was very keen on implementing a vfs (virtual filesystem in desktop- , not
in kernel context) in gnustep, but was ...ehem.. discouraged by the
'community'.
btw: this part of the community is why i do not write anything for the
gnustep project anymore (well, lack of time is also a factor, but
threatening and very inpolite mails also do not attract new developer).
as soon as someone questions one single aspect of openstep (the api), [s]he
is flamed by a large group of old steppers.

anyway. if there is interest in a vfs, i would be glad to provide a starting
point. (i have the interfaces and a sample file: and imap: implementation.)

but remember i will NOT work on it in the scope of the gnustep project.

~ibotty