Re: GNUstep roadmap (was Re: [Suggestion] GNUstep-test for quality contr

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Re: GNUstep roadmap (was Re: [Suggestion] GNUstep-test for quality control)
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 09:31:41 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 23.10.03 um 03:22 Uhr schrieb Helge Hess:

"Real programmers" ;-), can (and usually want to!) write UI code in text form. The easier that is, the better. IMHO XUL is *very* good here, Renaissance is a first step towards that.

I disagree here, Helge.

Being a hobbyist programmer for 20 years now, I still don't like it to think about how to adjust the GUI. It should just work and using InterfaceBuilder on OS X, it does. Even for bigger applications, you get away with some minor tweaks over the default behaviour.

Then, with the advent of Cocoa, all those small tools written over the weekend suddenly have a GUI. They whouldn't have, if I had to create it using code ... but you already mentioned that.

Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/