Re: deferred deallocation of local objects

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: deferred deallocation of local objects
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 13:56:18 +0000

I've finally committed the stuff I've been working on for this ... while DO updates are still a work in progress. I wanted to get something out before attempting any more radical changes. Basically the current code adds counting of the times an object is vended byref and restructures the interraction between NSDistantObject and NSConnection to try to ensure thread safety and simplicity/efficiency. I spent a lot of time/thought trying to ensure it was as backward compatible as possible, but it may leak objects in the new code when talking to servers running the old code.

I'd appreciate testing/feedback in case I've introduced problems that my tests have not shown up.