Re: Are we too serious these days? Let's go electing an official mascot.

From: Banlu Kemiyatorn
Subject: Re: Are we too serious these days? Let's go electing an official mascot.
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 04:27:35 +0700

M. Grabert wrote:

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Yen-Ju Chen wrote:

My only concern is that when mascot is in a small icon,
people may not be able to tell the exact species.
Therefore, a mascot should have a distinguish shape.
Otherwise, tiger may look like lion,

Yes, especially in black & while
With those concerns I guess a Panda is one of a unique winner[1] while I personally prefer Tapir over all choices. Some of my secret agents suggested me about MagPie, Dopefish, Capybara and Ninja Flying Squirrel.
I'll try to set up the poll booth when all these suggestions seems to over.

One thing about cameleon, isn't SuSe thing? Also mozilla. And I guess if we use it, Rio will sue us.

[1] http://www.nongnu.org/woom/images/site/pingping.png