Re: gnustep CVS

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: gnustep CVS
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 06:03:39 -0800 (PST)

According to the announcment on savannah it's supposed to come back up today.

One can only hope! ;)

GJC

--- David Ayers <d.ayers@inode.at> wrote:
> David Wetzel wrote:
>
> >Fabien VALLON wrote:

> >>projects?
> >>
> >>the main problem is that GNUstep is a GNU project....:)
> >>
> >>Can we create an alternate CVS (temporary).
> >>
> >>Maybye we can change of hosting too : http://alioth.debian.org/.
> >>savahna seems to not have involved since the sourceForge fork,
> >>gforge has.
> >>

> >Maybe we should use our own CVS server and create the web tools we need with
> GSWeb.
> >That would also proof the usability of GSWeb and gnustep base.
> >And we would have a limited number of user accounts on the machine.
> >
> >I could provide a machine for a CVS  server.
> >

> According to:
> http://savannah.gnu.org/statement.html
> it should be back shortly, so I don't think it be worth the trouble of
> doing a move now.
>
> Maybe we should consider a backup alternative, but it would have to have
> at least equivalent security level, infrastructure and maintance
> resources.  Once services are back, instead we maybe should look into
> how we can make savannah more dependable and figure out what the status
> of subversions for savannah is, as I /think/ they were aiming at moving
> from cvs to subversions anyway.
>
> Cheers,
> David

=====
Gregory John Casamento -- CEO/President Open Logic Corp.
-- bheron on #gnustep, #linuxstep, & #gormtalk ----------------
Please sign the petition against software patents at:
http://www.petitiononline.com/pasp01/petition.html
-- Main Developer of Gorm (featured in April Linux Journal) ---