ImageApps & PDFKit problem

From: stefan
Subject: ImageApps & PDFKit problem
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 08:59:27 +0100 (CET)

Hi all,

there seems to be a problem with the newest PDFKit and freetype.
It seems like the xpdf backend doesn't find freetype depending
on where it is installed and thus no text will be displayed in
PDF's.

I'll investigate this problem this evening. Could some people
who didn't see any text send me there configure logs (ImageKits/
PDFKit/xpdf/xpdf-3.00/config.log) and tell we what system they
are using? Would be great thanks.

btw: PDFKit does not user the GNUstep backend to render text.
This is done inside the xpdf backend that uses freetype directly.
The required fonts are inside the PDFKit framework and installed
togethere with this.

greets
Stefan