ANN: cod-0.4.0 and hermit

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: ANN: cod-0.4.0 and hermit
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 09:22:27 +0100

Hi all,

On http://ocean.made-it.com/Tools/ you will find:
cod-0.4.0.tar.gz and hermit.tar.gz

cod is a detection system that searches for commands, headers, and libraries. Cod can be used to test if a system has certain packages installed.

This version of cod is a total rewrite. It should now be more sh-compliant instead of bash-only.

hermit is a fake-package. If you have installed cod-0.4.0 you can run the gs-test.sh script within hermit. The script tests from a config file 'deplist' for all the library dependencies that my current GNUstep installation depends upon.

In the future hermit will grow into the Ocean Installer. This is just a first step and it was my testing environment for cod.

The test is Linux specific, but with deleting some lines in deplist it should be possible to use it on any Un*x like system (ld-linux comes to mind).

If people could test cod and let me know what can be improved or if you could add scripts to the cod.d directory so more libs are detected correctly, that would be great!

Thanks and Happy Stepping,

Dennis Leeuw