Multi Platforms Project with GNUstep

From: Thierry DELHAISE
Subject: Multi Platforms Project with GNUstep
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 06:42:20 +0100

Hi all,

We plan to developp a client/server solution working on Windows, Linux, xBSD, and OS/X platform for both client and server.

We would like to use a high level API/Language/Framework helping us to port those softwares on all platform. Somes suggests us to use Objective-C and Foundation Framework for MacOS/X platforms and to use GNUstep for the others platforms.

Does some of you have some experiences to share with us about equivalent projects.

This project will be a robust project. Does GNUstep is able to handle heavy servers solutions using

- Network Sockets API (UDP/TCP).
- Multi-Thread.
- XML Data Managment.
- Multi Charset Management : Ascii/UTF8/UTF16(Unicode).

For the server side, no GUI is required ;-)

For the client side need GUI.

THX in advance for advices.

Thierry DELHAISE