Re: Multi Platforms Project with GNUstep

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Multi Platforms Project with GNUstep
Date: 08 Feb 2004 21:28:58 -0700

On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 22:42, Thierry DELHAISE wrote:

> Does some of you have some experiences to share with us about
> equivalent projects.
>
> This project will be a robust project. Does GNUstep is able to handle
> heavy servers solutions using
>
> - Network Sockets API (UDP/TCP).
> - Multi-Thread.
> - XML Data Managment.
> - Multi Charset Management : Ascii/UTF8/UTF16(Unicode).

I don't have personnel experience, but I know a few companies that use
GNUstep for this exact purpose (give or take an item). Note however you
won't be able to talk (via archives or DO) between a GNUstep
implementation and a Cocoa one, although you could compile GNUstep on
MacOSX and use it that way.