RE: test driven development for GNUstep

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: RE: test driven development for GNUstep
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 10:00:27 -0500

> From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
>

> Just loose thoughts but ...
> We *could* go down the route of writing each testcase as a small ObjC
> code fragment ... then we
> wouldn't really need a test framework at all ... just a makefile and
> the test code.

I was actually just looking at how gcc does their tests and it appears that in
Objective-C, they essentially do this and just use DejaGNU to compile and run
the programs (and perhaps format the output?). We might as well write our own
simple framwork to do that if that's the route we want to go, though.

Has anyone thought about how we test GUI programs?