Re: test driven development for GNUstep

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: test driven development for GNUstep
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 22:07:39 -0700

On Wednesday, February 11, 2004, at 09:24 AM, Kaelin Colclasure wrote:

I can see that using Sen:te's OCUnit for testing Foundation is a non-starter, since OCUnit itself depends on a working Foundation. (And obviously, OCUnit has nothing like the framework for GUI backend testing you're describing -- which I think is an ambitious project, but with a huge potential payoff.) But might it make sense to "sanction" OCUnit as the testing framework of choice for applications? This would allow Alexander to focus on a suite tailored to testing the core functionality and integrating smoothly with the build system. It would also give a welcome nod to folks who work (or would like to work) with both GNUstep and Cocoa, since OCUnit supports both.

Well, I certainly like OCUnit, but I don't want to force people to use it. Perhaps we should make it possible to integrate it in ProjectCenter they way it is on MacOSX. But that's not something I have time to do.