Re: GNUstep on Mac OS X screenshots

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Re: GNUstep on Mac OS X screenshots
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 14:23:49 +0100

Am 10.02.2004 um 03:51 schrieb Pascal J.Bourguignon:

Raffael Herzog writes:
I agree that storing objects themselves isn't a good idea. But why does ProjectCenter show me any files? I'm not dealing with files, I'm dealing
with classes and resources.

ProjectCenter could provide such a "logical" view on a project - for the
"physical" (filsesystem) view, there's still GWorkspace/FileViewer.

So these  rules should be  user(developer) specified and it  should be
possible to override them.  You cannot just hard code them.

Well designed, a developer shoudn't want to look into the files directly. So, if you have two files for each delegate, each class, even when related, it doesn't matter. ProjectCenter should handle it transparently. You don't fiddle with .s, .i, .nib, .gorm files directly, either.

This is what makes NeXTstep / GNUstep / Cocoa great: Drop most of the 2057 possible features and go with a small set of sufficient ones. You get 99 % done with a 20 % learning curve.

Cheers,
Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/