Some action methods freeze X input

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: Some action methods freeze X input
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 17:21:18 +0100

Hi,

First I thought that this was an issue of GNUmail only, now I observed it in
GWorspace too so I think it is somewhere in GNUstep libs. If I do:

GNUmail: click on 'Get' button or 'Send' button to receive/send messages while
having slow network connection.
GWorkspace: Click on 'Compute size' button in the inspector for some larger
directory

Button in GNUstep apps remains pushed down and all X events to *any*
application are frozen. Only thing I can do is to move mouse around. I can not
even click on other app windows, neither move windows around. It seems to me
that -gui is locking all events while performing an action method.

Is anyone experiencing this too?

I am using fresh CVS versions of GNUstep and all mentioned apps.

Stefan
--
http://stefan.agentfarms.net

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you
win.
- Mahatma Gandhi