Re: Some action methods freeze X input

From: Brent Fulgham
Subject: Re: Some action methods freeze X input
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 22:37:17 -0800

On 2004-02-21 20:21:42 -0800 Rogelio M. Serrano Jr. <rogelio@smsglobal.net> wrote:

Stefan Urbanek wrote:
| Button in GNUstep apps remains pushed down and all X events to *any*
| application are frozen. Only thing I can do is to move mouse around.
| I can not even click on other app windows, neither move windows
| around. It seems to me that -gui is locking all events while
| performing an action method.

Yes im experiencing that too. When GNUMail starts downloading my new
emails everything freezes. It looks that way but wmClock still works.
Its only now i realize that its all the inputs are frozen.

Ironically, Rogelio's e-mail triggered it on my machine, due to GNUmail's attempt to validate his signature via GPG. While this was taking place, the system froze for me.

I have seen this behavior several times over the last week or so.

Thanks,

-Brent