Re: Can't use long long variables?

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: Can't use long long variables?
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:36:57 -0800

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:19:20 +0100
Philip Mötteli <Philip.Moetteli@tele2.ch> wrote:
> Am 26.02.2004 um 21:30 schrieb Chris B. Vetter:
> > Configure only checks whether LONG_LONG_MAX or LLONG_MAX (Solaris &
> > BSD) are defined in limits.h,
> Yes, actually in limits.h, there's no LONG_LONG_MAX defined. And
> configure gives the following otuput in base:
>       checking whether precompiler handles LONG_LONG_MAX... no

It should also check for LLONG_MAX in that case.

> > so you may have to check whether SuSE uses one
> > of these or uses a different definition.
[...]
> > If the latter, this would have to be added to the checks.
> It doesn't seem, that there's a suitable one, is it?

Well, on my box here (FreeBSD) LLONG_MAX is actually defined in
/usr/include/machine/limits.h which is included from limits.h

So you may have to "dig deeper". You could/should try a recursive grep
on your system's /usr/include.

> > Alternatively you could try to find a work-around in your tool to
> > not use -scanLongLong: (probably easier, if that's an option)
> I don't remember using it. Could it be, that it's invoked by another
> method, e. g. -scanInt or -scanLong?

Quite possibly, depending on the libraries/frameworks you're including.
I did a quick scan on the exception notice and on scanLongLong. Both
appear only once in -core, in NSScanner.m

--
Chris