Re: Darwin 6.8: linking of base and gui to GNU-libobjc failed

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Darwin 6.8: linking of base and gui to GNU-libobjc failed
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 21:36:38 -0700

On Friday, February 27, 2004, at 04:19 PM, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:

Trying to build (and use!) GNUstep on Mac OS X 10.2.8/Darwin 6.8 I ended up with base and gui libraries not linked to libobjc according to 'otool -L':

Well, I've never noticed that before, but it seems to work anyway. Maybe because it's really just statically linked in.

ld: for architecture ppc
ld: common symbols not allowed with MH_DYLIB output format with the -multi_module option /opt/local/lib/libobjc.dylib(init.o) definition of common __objc_load_callback (size 4)
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
if: Expression Syntax.

I did not see any -multi_module option in the issued command :-\. And since it is possible that there is a grammatical error in the error message so that it should read instead:

The alternative is -single_module, but I didn't think Darwin 6.8 supported that so it's only on for Darwin 7, but you could try it.