Re: AlpenStep

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: AlpenStep
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 00:29:53 +0200

Simon Stapleton wrote:
Well, I've had a fair amount of feedback on the possibility of doing this, so here's what I propose:

I'd like this to be a full-on development meet. There's a fair amount of stuff missing from GNUstep at the moment, I'd like to see something concrete come out of the back. Some suggestions (based on where I'm at with GNUstep):

- EOModeler clone.
- WOBuilder clone.
- ???

I have no problem with people wanting to do OSX development, either ;-)

I don't want to step on / poach peple from the Oxford meet. I suggest a date that doesn't clash. Therefore, the weekend of 30/31 October. This will also give me time to finish up the house enough to have room to do this ;-) In order to get something useful done, I suggest a long weekend - Thursday night through to Monday night suits me.

AlpenStep sounds like a nice idea to me and it surely is nearer to Freiburg (Germany) than Oxford (And there is currently no sign, that I am back to Cambridge in October). If you promisse, that you will not suddenly all start to speak French than I am in.

I am currently not that much interested in the software you proposed, but I may just work on my own secret agenda during that time and just share the cheese and wine with you :-)

Fred