Re: AlpenStep

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: AlpenStep
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 23:12:01 +0100

Le 3 juin 04, à 09:31, Simon Stapleton a écrit :

Well, I've had a fair amount of feedback on the possibility of doing this, so here's what I propose:

I'd like this to be a full-on development meet. There's a fair amount of stuff missing from GNUstep at the moment, I'd like to see something concrete come out of the back. Some suggestions (based on where I'm at with GNUstep):

- EOModeler clone.
- WOBuilder clone.
- ???

I have no problem with people wanting to do OSX development, either ;-)

Before building theses apps, I think it could be nice to work on gnustep itself :-) Else, one thing that really would be great would be to work on the Windows port. Sadly, it's not very interesting for many people, plus many don't have windows. But that will be one really important point for GNUstep...

I don't want to step on / poach peple from the Oxford meet. I suggest a date that doesn't clash. Therefore,

Yep, no need to clash..

the weekend of 30/31 October. This will also give me time to finish up the house enough to have room to do this ;-) In order to get something useful done, I suggest a long weekend - Thursday night through to Monday night suits me.

... but I probably won't be able to attend it in october, sadly -- july was ok but it's perhaps too close ?

thanks,

--
Nicolas Roard