Gorm manual Table of Contents...

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Gorm manual Table of Contents...
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 08:08:36 -0700 (PDT)

All,

One thing I haven't decided on yet is the medium.   I want to use something
which is at once easy to write in, but looks good in paper form.  I also want
something people can add to as the work will be under the GPL so that code
samples are freely usable and since many people have suggested not using the
GFDL because of it's somewhat non-free nature.

I expect this to change...  it's a rough first draft I came up with in about 15
minutes:

Introduction
        Assumptions made in this book.
        What is Gorm (in short)
        Gorm's relationship to GNUstep.

Chapter 1: A Simple App
        Getting started
        Setting the NSOwner
        Making the connections
        Using the inspectors

Chapter 2: Memory management with .gorm based objects..
        Top level objects
        Features to get the top level objects from the .gorm file.

Chapter 3: A Simple Document Based App
        Subclassing in Gorm
                The different types of objects in Gorm.
                        CustomView
                        Custom Objects
                        Standin Objects
        What is NSFirst/FirstResponder?
                The responder chain

Chapter 4: A Full Document Based App
        Window controllers
        Document Controllers

Chapter 5: NSNib

Chapter 6: A Simple Palette

Chapter 7: An Inspector

Chapter 8: Advanced Topics

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks, GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento -- CEO/President Open Logic Corp.
#### Maintainer of Gorm for GNUstep.