WindowMaker/GNUstep

From: Pascal Hofstee
Subject: WindowMaker/GNUstep
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 20:15:52 -0700

Hi,

I have recently taken a renewed interest in both Window Maker
development and GNUstep in general, and have realized and been told by
some great people on GNUstep's IRC-channel, that there are several
"problems" with the current state of interoperability between Window
Maker and GNUstep.

I have decided to take it up to myself to at least try to make an
inventory of the current issues between these two projects and perhaps
where possible try to provide a resolution myself ... or pass the
problem on to the head WM-developers (Dan and Alfredo).

If you have a specific interoperability issue it would be appreciated
if you can provide a detailed description/explanation of the nature of
this issue and if possible hints in which direction a solution might
be found.

I realize that this may generate a lot of "duplicates" so i will try
to see if i can somehow setup a webpage somewhere where we can
maintain an online archive of these problems.

I recall that the wm-team is currently working on (or finished working
on) a new bug-tracking system ... i'll have a closer look there and
see if i can use that system for maintaining this interoperability
conflicts "databank"

With kind regards,
   Pascal Hofstee <caelian@gmail.com> alias <pascal@windowmaker.org>