Re: Compiling on AMD64 architecture

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: Compiling on AMD64 architecture
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 13:02:34 +0100

> If libffi is your problem, please find a copy of my libffi ebuild that
> is against 3.4.1 for amd64.  Ebuilds aren't terribly hard to read, and
> this should put your in the right direction.

Thanks, I will start by going through the ffcall route, as that appears
to be suupported on amd64/FreeBSD right now, but if I have problems then
I will switch to your build. I want to try and get it working on as
vanilla a system as possible though in the first instance.

> ... if you have any luck with this, please let me know.  There's a
> good handful of Gentoo AMD64 users who wanted to give GNUstep a go.

Excellent :-) My plan was to go through it and check on all the warnings which
come out at compile time and fix them - and in doing so possibly uncover and
problems which might be in there relating to the sizeof(int) still being
32 bits which may be present. Havent had a lot of time to do anything with
GNustep in a long time as I delegated development on it in work time
to someone else so this is something useful I can devote a bit
of time to!

-bat.