Re: GNUstep Icons and look proposal

From: Marciano Siniscalchi
Subject: Re: GNUstep Icons and look proposal
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 08:32:51 -0500

Just my $0.0002... I do understand that creating a strong identity for GNUstep is very important. I also fully agree that GNUstep needs a facelift in order to attract fresh blood.

However, have people considered adopting one of the better icon sets used by the Gnome and KDE projects? In particular, the "standard" Gnome iconset, and the the Bluecurve/Wonderland/Redhat and Crystal iconsets are both professionally-designed and very complete.

Even if the longer-term objective is to develop a distinctive look (and I'm all for it), it would probably not be too hard to start by packaging one of the above iconsets for GNUstep. Incidentally, one advantage would be improving the coexistence with other applications...

BTW, the new theme looks quite promising!

Marciano
--
Marciano Siniscalchi
Department of Economics