Re: GNUstep Icons and look proposal

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: GNUstep Icons and look proposal
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 21:12:20 +0100

Le 20 août 04, à 19:56, M. Uli Kusterer a écrit :

In article <mailman.2022.1092954595.2011.discuss-gnustep@gnu.org>,
 Nicolas Roard <nicolas@roard.com> wrote:

Le 19 août 04, à 16:22, Fred Kiefer a écrit :
I think his idea would be to change the default theme to something more
"modern-looking". Of course then the classic OpenStep look would still
available for the
die hard fans :-)
But frankly, doing a good looking theme is not that easy, and if you
want it as the default theme, you need to reach agreement among gnustep
users.

 I'd kinda like a theme that still vaguely looks like OpenStep's look.
The general color scheme and layout of OpenStep, with slightly modified
proportions (the title bar a little less tall, and maybe with slightly
rounded corners) and just a tiny splash of color a la Apple's System 7...

 And of course, anti-aliased :-)

well, that depends of the backend :-)

 Just enough to be a respectful re-imagination of the OpenStep look,
while not looking like Aqua or Windows.

 But I guess themeability would get us all that and more.

that's the idea..

But yes, I wouldn't mind a slightly enhanced "default" look. Perhaps something along the lines of Camaelon 0.1 -- at least, change the default gray to a more bright gray (I know, I know, with correct gamma, the default theme is ok, but frankly, nobody use gamma correction :-/ -- just have a look at the default themes for gtk/gnome/kde/windows..)

--
Nicolas Roard
 -Arthur C. Clarke