Re: Starting GNUstep (Debian)

From: Gisli Ottarsson
Subject: Re: Starting GNUstep (Debian)
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 17:32:54 +0000

Thanks Adrian and Graham.  I'll take another stab at GNUstep over the
week-end.

In my earlier post, I itemized a list of choices available to me from
gdm.  Only later did I realize that although I have wmaker installed on
my machine, it is not one of the choices offered.  Perhaps, if it had
been there, my confusion would not have been as great.

It was pointed out to me that unlike KDE and GNOME, GNUstep is not a
desktop environment.  I question the value of such a distinction.
There may be some nuances that make GNUstep unlike KDE/GNOME, but I
think it would be more helpful to my fellow mortals if GNUstep were
simply positioned as an alternative to KDE and GNOME and showed up as a
choice in gdm (but now I am repeating myself).

Thanks for all the input.

  Gisli