Re: Looking for help writing apps

From: M. Uli Kusterer
Subject: Re: Looking for help writing apps
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 19:31:19 +0200

In article <mailman.4286.1096302248.1998.discuss-gnustep@gnu.org>,
 Adam Fedor <fedor@doc.com> wrote:

> 2. A graphic installer.
> I had plans for this also, but I don't have time for it either.  I was
> thinking about something along the lines of FinkCommander, but one that
> would handle a variety of different packaging formats (tar.gz, deb,
> rpm, etc).

Lacking a working installation of GNUstep myself, I'm obviously more of
a client than someone who would be able to contribute here.

So, keeping that in mind, I'd still like to ask why you can't expand
FinkCommander? It's GPL if I'm not mistaken. Is it too much tailored to
the specific needs of Fink's packaging format? Because it would probably
save a lot of work to be collaborating with the Fink folks on this.

Just curious,
-- Uli
http://www.zathras.de