Problem with locale and keyboard

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: Problem with locale and keyboard
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 22:46:36 +0200

Hi,

I have following problem with locale and keyboard. My settings are:

stivi:~> locale
LANG=POSIX
LC_CTYPE=sk_SK
LC_NUMERIC="POSIX"
LC_TIME="POSIX"
LC_COLLATE="POSIX"
LC_MONETARY="POSIX"
LC_MESSAGES="POSIX"
LC_NAME="POSIX"
LC_ALL=

If I use slovak or US keyboard, everything is OK. When I switch to
french keyboard, I can not write several characters, even the font has
them. For example 'e' with circomflex '^' is ignored (no character typed
at all). Now, when I set LC_CTYPE=fr_FR and run a GNUstep application,
french keyboard works fine, but slovak characters do not work - they are
ignored, not even typed.

What should be wrong?

If you need more information, let me know.

Thanks,

Stefan
--
http://stefan.agentfarms.net

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then
you win.
- Mahatma Gandhi