Re: CVS, GWorkspace.app and app wrappers

From: Charles Phlip Chan
Subject: Re: CVS, GWorkspace.app and app wrappers
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 13:18:50 -0400

On  2 Oct 2004, enrico@imago.ro wrote:

> For the list view I'm only waiting for NSTableView to become more
> stable.  Probably, 0.7 will have the list viewer.

Great, I look forward to it.

> The new classes I'm using for the icons already allow colourisation of
> the icon or the file name. The problem is only where to store the
> added info about the file. (see below)

Beautiful.

> Perhaps I'll use libdb with a btree access method but I'm not
> sure. Any suggestion?

As someone else already mentioned, sqlite might be another
option. What ever that works on all platform.

> I've had a PS inspector. This was when I used ghostscript to preview
> pdf files.

Yes, I remember that.

> Now I've switched to PDFKit, beeing it a GNUstep library. I'll try
> to think a new solution for ps files...

How about reintroducing the GS Inspector. but only for PS files?

> Does anyone know where I can find a list of the sequences of bits to
> read to identify a file type? I'd want something simplier than
> /usr/share/magic used by file.

I will do some seaching.

Charles

--
"The move was on to 'Free the Lizard'"

  -- Jim Hamerly and Tom Paquin (Open Sources, 1999 O'Reilly and Associates)