Re: more graphic file formats

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: more graphic file formats
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 08:12:14 +0000

On 8 Dec 2004, at 07:51, Karsten Fuhrmann wrote:

But if we would use ImageMagick we would have much less deps. than before, because all these other image formats are implemented in ImageMagick as well. And ImageMagick can write nearly all the formats too.

But the way to go is to have an external application providing file format conversion services for other apps. This is the sort of thing the 'filters' API in OpenStep was designed for (it should provide transparent format conversion using any filter services any installed app/daemon advertises).