Re: more graphic file formats

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: more graphic file formats
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 21:46:43 +0100

Le 8 déc. 04, à 03:25, Vaisburd, Haim a écrit :

Yes, I also think we should not introduce another
library dependency. We currenly have TIFF, JPEG, PNG,
not sure about GIF. I though this was plenty...
On the other hand, can we _write_ these formats now?

No, we can't, except for TIFF off course. It would be great if we can read and write (by the way convert too) basic formats like TIFF, JPEG, PNG, GIF and PDF directly with the AppKit… As a side note, I have written a patch (not really working currently ;-) to write PNG with NSImage and NSBitmapImageRep. But I have no plans to do the same thing for other formats, I let the job for someone else probably :-)

Quentin.

--
Quentin Mathé
qmathe@club-internet.fr