Re: Font constants

From: M. Uli Kusterer
Subject: Re: Font constants
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 13:01:12 +0100

At 21:54 Uhr -0600 04.03.2005, Jesse Ross wrote:
Perhaps someone can easily answer this question for me. Do we have font constants, similar to Mac OS X? As I'm doing a new UI theme, I want to make sure I'm using fonts at the appropriate sizes (I know, I know, Alex, 12pt Bitstream Vera Sans) in the right places. Here is Apple's HIG on the issue:

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/OSXHIGuidelines/XHIGText/chapter_4_section_2.html

Any info or pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated!

The constants are Carbon. The methods in the table are the only thing of interest to GNUstep, and those don't use the constants.

From my (admittedly slightly dated) version of the GNUstep headers, it looks like GNUstep has them all, except for anything having to do with control sizes. Those are new with OS X 10.3, IIRC, so it isn't very surprising that it isn't in GNUstep yet.
--
Cheers,
M. Uli Kusterer