Re: GWorkspace 0.7.0, System, Applications and restart

From: M. Uli Kusterer
Subject: Re: GWorkspace 0.7.0, System, Applications and restart
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:23:31 +0100

At 13:33 Uhr +0000 21.03.2005, MJ Ray wrote:
Enrico Sersale <enrico@dtedu.net> wrote:
 > Because GW needs to know the mount points to represent with the disk icon
 (probably you don't want a disk icon for your /proc) [...]

Sure, but it does seem able to know where the mount points are. I
don't see what the barrier is if someone wants to hack support for
per-partitions bins into the Recycler. Maybe I'm blind :-/

Even if it would miss some mountpoints, I'd guess that at least having separate recycle bins for removable media and *most* of the partitions would be a good start. That way, only people who explicitly mount one drive into a folder on another would have to somehow tell GW about this, and for most others it'd just work.

To put it another way: I support MJ Ray's proposal. Add a recycle bin for the disks you know about. If GWorkspace learns about more disks or mount points in the future, you'd already have the code and you'd just have to call the function that adds it to the list of recycle bins.
--
Cheers,
M. Uli Kusterer