Re: GWorkspace 0.7.0, System, Applications and restart

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: GWorkspace 0.7.0, System, Applications and restart
Date: 16 Mar 2005 10:12:17 GMT

Enrico Sersale <enrico@dtedu.net> wrote:
> When I release a new version or I change something on CVS, I
> must be *sure* that *all* the old bundles are substituted by the
> new one. [...]

Why? Isn't it our fault if we the users break it by putting another
bundle in a higher-priority place? Maybe a "check this before emailing
me for help" note in the README is needed, also saying that they
should mention having done the checks in their email.

You're going to love this: After logging out and returning a day
later, GWorkspace now starts Operation and Recycler happily. I'll
see whether I can figure out what change let them start working.
>From what you say, that might be a tedious job.

They still get appicons, which seems like clutter.

[...]
> > I'll drop this system back to 0.6.3 before users complain,
> > but I'll keep 0.7.0 around in case I can get more debug output.
> I cann assure you that 0.7.0 is far better... :-)

Well, it seems far stabler. [...]

One missing(?) feature from 0.6.3: I didn't find how to delete
without moving to the recycle bin. Sometimes I want to do that,
because the recycle bin is on a different partition and it's
a slow device for copying. I resorted to pasting to Terminal.

--
Thanks,

MJR/slef