GWorkspace 0.7.0, System, Applications and restart

From: MJ Ray
Subject: GWorkspace 0.7.0, System, Applications and restart
Date: 14 Mar 2005 17:47:03 GMT

I've upgraded to GWorkspace 0.7.0 here. I'm struggling with the
following problems. Can anyone help?

1. I have to install GWorkspace into /System, rather than my more
normal /Local for everything except core and remote mounts. Why?
Is GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT hardwired or have I misconfigured? If I
try to install into /Local, it can't find its helper Tools and exits.

2. Even with it installed into /System, GWorkspace can't start
Operation or Recycler itself and disables file operations. When
they are run manually, it all works but they get their own
app-icons - should they appear, or is my wm missing a hint?

3. When I quit GWorkspace and restart, only one Viewer reappears.
The other one is lost. Is this a known bug, or local misconfig?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

MJR