Re: rpm packaging problems

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: rpm packaging problems
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 21:46:22 -0700

On Apr 2, 2005, at 1:51 AM, Riccardo wrote:

Hello,

in my pursuit of packaging GNUstep for MkLinux, I run into some unexpected problems. I took as reference the spec files distributed from gnustep.org. What essentially happens is that inside the RPM build environment "LD_LIBRARY_PATH" is not set. Dumping an "env" inside the spec after GNUstep.sh was sourced confirms this. Since in MkLinux I need libobjc to build base, configure will wail saying my obj-c is not working.

You need to be doing this stuff logged in as root. Just running via sudo will not work, as many programs will not set LD_LIBRARY_PATH if they detect they are running suid.