ANN: BuildGuide 1.7.0pre1

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: ANN: BuildGuide 1.7.0pre1
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 16:03:53 +0200

Hi all,

I am working on a restructuring of my documentation tree and with that I was "forced" to redo the BuildGuide. And since most stuff in there was old too, I decided to do a complete upgrade. And as with much large cleanups as time goes by you stop noticing your own mistakes. Someone else has to point them to you.

That's why there is this pre-release at:
http://gnustep.made-it.com/NewBuildGuide.html

In the process I decided to entirely remove the checking and building of all the additional stuff. I don't know if that was a good thing(tm) or not. But I felt it made the Guide more readable. Comments? Suggestions?

Next to that I extended the Guide with GWorkspace, PDFKit, Gorm and ProjectCenter, to make sure people atleast have something installed that they can use/view when they are done building.

Let me know what you think and where I can improve the Guide...

Thanks,

Dennis