Re: GTK Cocoa ?

From: Jakob Kemi
Subject: Re: GTK Cocoa ?
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 19:57:39 +0000 (UTC)

CM <c.mench <at> adilinstruments.com> writes:

> In fact I dreamed of the the opposite...
>
> Having Gnustep using GTK as a 'back-end'
> (in fact it whould be a gnustep-gui modification)
>
> I would like using NSxx classes and ObjC on
> what I consider now as the native toolkit of linuxes...
>
> I don't know if anybody understand the approach,
> but a multuiple time in this list it was considered
> that GNUStep should embrace the look of the platform
> it runs on. I understand that with Camelon theme we
> can approch it, but using the platform native thing
> is better...

Perhaps you are then interested to know that I've been working on a
Objective-C wrapper for Gtk2 which I've released today.

It's actually rather complete in it's wrapping, the most important feature
it lacks is easy subclassing of GObjects.
I would be glad to hear any input (from you, or anybody else on the list)
on it and suggestions for improvements:

http://ngtk.berlios.de

Regards,
        Jakob Kemi