Re: customize GNUstep

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: customize GNUstep
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 23:38:03 +0200

Le 20 juin 05 à 12:06, Richard Frith-Macdonald a écrit :

If bits of the gui (you mention GSToolbarView.m) do not use the system colors, that's a bug and should be reported (ie osome detail of how/when it fails to use the system colors) so it can be fixed.

Well currently GSToolbarView supports custom colors but this feature is not documented because it may change a bit. Initially I asked on - dev list about possibility to add toolbar colors support in system colors list but I didn't obtain a positive answer, that's why I decided to implement it in a separate color list called "System extensions"… My plan is to move this color list management in a NSColor category within a file named NSColor+Extensions.m probably

"System extensions" color list supports two keys:
- toolbarBackgroundColor
- toolbarBorderColor

You have also two methods in a NSColor category to retrieve them (the category is declared in GSToolbarView.h):
// Toolbar related NSColor methods
@interface NSColor (GSToolbarViewAdditions)
+ (NSColor *) toolbarBackgroundColor;
+ (NSColor *) toolbarBorderColor;
@end

GSToolbar (NSToolbar's super class) has also an extra method '- (void) setUsesStandardBackgroundColor: (BOOL)standard' to use a light gray hardcoded color for background (standard=YES) and not the window background color (standard=NO, value by default). This possibility was requested by Gregory Casamento for Gorm but currently this light gray color cannot be changed with "System extensions" color list, I plan to fix this issue.

For reference: <http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.gnustep.devel/ 2828>

If I remember well, Nicolas Roard wanted related changes for Camaelon too…

Quentin.

--
Quentin Mathé
qmathe@club-internet.fr