Re: Proposal: Subversion Migration

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: Proposal: Subversion Migration
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 16:59:38 +0200

On Oct 13, 2005, at 10:18, MJ Ray wrote:
The drawbacks of SVN remain:

It doesn't make sense to discuss generic 'drawbacks'. You need to make a comparison with the available options and can then decide what to go for. Except of the hosting issue none of your points is a drawback over CVS and most of your points are far from being obvious drawbacks anyway.

..and that's all obvious before use.

Just like the gains are all obvious before use. So please ...

I think we are in a stage where two things need to be done:

a) prior any further discussion it must be determined where an Svn repo
   could be hosted

b) some kind of voting needs to take place:
   1) stick with CVS
   2) update to Subversion
   3) use GIT
   4) use Monotone