Re: Proposal: Subversion Migration

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: Proposal: Subversion Migration
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 13:06:37 +0200

Le 14 oct. 05 à 09:24, MJ Ray a écrit :

Yes, I agree these have benefits, but they are features common
to most of the modern version control systems. My point is that
SVN is not the best of the modern ones and doesn't offer that
much to gnustep (for example, how many files are moving around?
Are binary files that much of the repository and do they change
often enough to be a pain?).

We work around CVS deficiencies, that's why we spend time to avoid having to move files (or include binary files). Anyway I think CVS is way more problematic when you consider web site management topic, where moving and renaming files is a recurrent need.

Quentin.

--
Quentin Mathé
qmathe@club-internet.fr