Re: Garbage collection with -finalize?

From: Travis Griggs
Subject: Re: Garbage collection with -finalize?
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 08:37:17 -0800

On Dec 2, 2005, at 5:12, Chris B. Vetter wrote:

On 12/2/05, Ingolf Jandt <i.jandt@web.de> wrote:
  - If GNUstep provides this functionality soon or even today,
it should be a snap to attract some Cocoa developers starving for
GC already.
Es soll nicht schwierig sein, GNUstep mit GC-Unterstützung zu kompilieren.
Vorgesehen ist diese Möglichkeit "schon immer".
http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/Developer/Base/
ProgrammingManual/manual_3.html

For the non-German speaking readers, the above reads:

  It shouldn't be too difficult to compile GNUstep with GC-support.
  The possibility [to do so] has "always been there".

Yes, it has, but has anyone actually USED it?

I tried once upon a time. I couldn't get it to compile right. Admittedly, I'm by no means a regular GNUstep builder. I dabble with it and objective-c on Linux. So it may be possible, but it was not readily so.

--
Travis Griggs
Objologist

DISCLAIMER: This email is bound by the terms and conditions
described at
http://www.key.net/disclaimer.htm