Re: Garbage collection with -finalize?

From: Travis Griggs
Subject: Re: Garbage collection with -finalize?
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 08:49:14 -0800

On Dec 2, 2005, at 0:57, Markus Hitter wrote:

Hello Gentlemen,

it just came to my attention Apple plans on Garbage Collection for Mac OS X 10.5 and even offers some documentation already (that's very unusual).

Two things jump into my mind at the first reading:

 - Will GNUstep's GC be at least somewhat compatible with this?

 - If GNUstep provides this functionality soon or even today,
it should be a snap to attract some Cocoa developers starving for GC already.

I am confused. If I go to the Apple developer site, search on GC, I get top hit pages that talk bout using the Boehm collector. Yet your man page snippet shows something completely different. I'm a big fan of GC and would love to have it in ObjC, so I'm curious where others are looking to get a current take on what exactly Apple is doing for GC. Links?

--
Travis Griggs
Objologist

DISCLAIMER: This email is bound by the terms and conditions
described at
http://www.key.net/disclaimer.htm