Re: Two random thoughts

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: Two random thoughts
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 12:21:51 +0100

Fred Kiefer schrieb:

> I can see your point now. But I must state that I never liked these
> header files in Headers/GNUstepGUI and Headers/GNUstepBase, which are
> the current names for these directories, too much. We need them to make
> certain classes available for the next lever of GNUstep modules and some
> even to applications. Even now there are a few files in there in the
> GNUstepGUI directory, where I don't see much reason, why they are public
> (the whole layout stuff, for example).

I agree that we should not expose methods/symbols that should be
private.  But the point of Headers/GNUstepBase and Headers/GNUstepGUI
was to have place to put headers that we do want to expose as GNUstep
extensions.  If there is ever something the like the "Additions" project
for GUI, that's where it's headers should go.

I would be in favor of moving those headers/symbols which are only
installed due to technical necessity into Headers/GNUstepBase/Private
and Headers/GNUstepGUI/Private.

Cheers,
David