Re: FOSDEM 2006

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: FOSDEM 2006
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 18:29:06 +0100

On 8. Mrz 2006, at 10:02 Uhr, Sašo Kiselkov wrote:
Of course I don't want to make money, I want to "spread the word" :-)

Not sure, but maybe you misunderstood me.

The production of the brochure costs money which someone needs to pay for, so you either find a sponsor for that (I guess this is hard, because producing nice-looking brochures is quite expensive) or you need to sell the brochure to cover the costs (which is also hard and involves up-front costs).

You don't have this problem with a book (even if its a small one) produced by a publisher. Of course it spreads less because people have to pay for it, but it doesn't cost you a dime except the work put in :-)

Greets,
  Helge
--
http://docs.opengroupware.org/Members/helge/