Re: NSPredicate?

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: NSPredicate?
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 00:04:13 +0200

On 8. Mai 2006, at 15:33 Uhr, Fred Kiefer wrote:
Where is this class, NSPredicate, currently situated in GNUstep. I
searched the old mailing list entries and found that Helge claimed it
belongs into Core Data, while others did see it in Foundation.

Thats not entirely correct :-)

The header file is indeed located in Foundation. What I probably suggested is that the class is implemented as part of a coredata framework and then get installed into the Foundation header directory.

The same has been done by Apple for WebKit (installing WebKit manually [in older OSX versions] installs headers [like NSURLRequest] into the Foundation framework). Which IMHO makes some (albeit limited ;-) sense, since otherwise Foundation itself gets bloated.

Anyway, don't know. I started to implement them (directly) in libFoundation.

Greets,
  Helge
--
http://docs.opengroupware.org/Members/helge/