Re: Just another NSTabView bug

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Just another NSTabView bug
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 22:21:08 +0200

Hi Andreas,

could you please explain, why you think you have to resize all item
views at once? I am sure that this code fixes your problem, but I would
think, it is sufficent to resize the current item view, the others will
get resized whenever they get selected. If this is true, then we need
only to make sure the current one gets resized and for this a different
default resize mask could do.
>From what I can tell by looking at the code the tab view itself should
try to resize its subviews. What is it you are trying to put in as the
item view? Is this view resizable?
As you know Openstep has a very elegant way of handling resizing, it
would surprise me that the tab view would have to work around that, by
setting the frame of its items directly.

Cheers
Fred

PS: I am about to submit your other patch. Thank you for it!